Monday, January 26, 2009

Bye-Bye Passy

I believe that we are officially done with the pacifier! For the last few nights and also nap times Caleb has gone to sleep without his passy. He has given us very little fuss about this matter too. Last night he asked for it and Sarah just kept asking him which book he wanted to read, finally he decided a book wasn't a bad idea and went with Sarah to read and then bed. One of the great things about this is that thus far it seems he isn't waking up (when he looses his passy). In other words when he slept with it if he got a little restless and awoke a little he would realize his passy was out of his mouth and usually holler until he found it. As of now if he has woke up during the night or his naps he is not hollering and hunting for that passy. I am amazed that it has been as easy of a process as it has. He kinda has my temper and his mother's hard headedness, so I assumed there was going to be a long hard fight when it came time to give it up, but obviously it hasn't. Much kudos goes out to Jen and Derrick who don't let the kids have pacifiers after about 6 months or a year at their daycare. While this caused much consternation among Sarah and I about them not letting Caleb have his passy at nap times I must say I think it is what has allowed us to make the transition so seamless.

No comments:

Post a Comment